The Winners were selected from the following categories:
Raw Materials, Equipment, Thermoset Process, Thermoplastic Process, Quality Control, Mining, Aeronautics: Future of MRO, Transportation, Automotive, Railway, Recycling and 3D Printing.
A total of 10 nationalities are represented, among which, China, the country of Honor for JEC Asia 2015, will be awarded 3 trophies including a Life Achievement Award.
In addition, one Student Award will support tomorrow’s Composites Innovator as it will put forward a student final paper on the Composites field.
« Asia already counts for nearly 50% of the world production. Asian countries are benefiting from economic growth, increase in per capita income and technological development. Winners of these Awards participate in the progress of the community and are pioneers in tomorrow’s composites usage” said Mrs. Frédérique Mutel, JEC Group President and CEO.
The jury of composites experts has selected the best composite developments, based on their technical interest, market potential, partnerships, financial & environmental impact and originality.
The JEC Innovation Awards ceremony will highlight 14 innovators on stage Including a Life Achievement and a Student Award
On Tuesday October 20, 2015 at 3 pm at JEC Asia Composites Show and Conferences (Suntec Center, Singapore).
The JEC Innovation Awards Program is supported by JEC Composites Magazine and Aviation Week
Winners of the 2015 JEC Asia Innovation Awards
- Raw Materials Category Winner: Solvay (Belgium) & Advanced Biochemical (Thailand)
Bio-based ECH for more sustainable epoxy resins
- Equipment Category Winner: Aiki Riotech Corporation (Japan)
New T-die UD-prepreg machine: realizing wide range of material design capability from thermoset to thermoplastic
- 3D Printing Category Winner: Best Composites (China)
3D printing technology based on light-curing technology
- Thermoset Category Winner: CSIR - National Aerospace Laboratories (India)
Development of co-infused and co-cured fully integral wing interspar box using VERITy process
- Thermoplastic Category Winner: Advanced Composite Structures Australia (Australia)
COFA™ - Rapid welding of thermoplastic brackets to thermoset composite structures
- Quality Control Category Winner: Apodius GmbH (Germany)
Apodius vision system for 3D composite inspection
- Mining Category Winners: Advantic LLC (USA)
Application of composite syntactic polymers to strengthen existing steel structures
- Aeronautics: the future of MRO Category Winner: Republic Polytechnic (Singapore)
In-situ healing technology for aircraft composite structure repair
- Transportation Category Winner: Composites Consulting Group (India)
Light-weight and high strength sandwich composite containers
- Automotive Category Winner: Hanwha Advanced Materials Corporation (Republic of Korea)
Aramid rear impact beam
- Railway Category Winner: Beijing Nashengtong (NST) Advanced Material Science & Technology (China) & Meishan CSR Logistics Equipment Co. Ltd (China)
CFRT relief valve for the railway industry
- Recycling Category Winner: Connora Technologies (USA)
Cradle-to-cradle recycling of a thermoset plastic composite structure
- Life Achievement Award: Professor Gao Yang (China)
- Student Award: TBC
More details on http://www.jeccomposites.com/events/innovation-awards-asia-2015/2015-winners