This year, international companies from Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Europe and their partners along with a Life Achievement Award and a Student Award will receive trophies at JEC Asia - Composites Show and Conferences (June, 25-27 2013).
Among them, 5 Awards are putting forward the expertise of JEC Asia 2013 Country of Honor: Japan.
JEC Innovation Awards Program is recognized as a leading tool in promoting innovation worldwide. It is organized at JEC Europe in Paris, JEC Asia in Singapore, JEC Americas in Boston, in China and in India.
The objective is to spot, promote and reward the most effective solutions that create more value for endusers. The jury has selected the best composite innovations breakthroughs, based on their technical interest, market potential, partnerships, financial & environmental impact and originality. The decision to give prominence to these projects was based on their atypical nature and various noteworthy.
In 2013, 16 Categories are represented
The 2013 JEC Awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday, June 25 at 4:00 pm on JEC Asia and will be open to all visitors.
- AERONAUTICS: National Aerospace Laboratory (India)
14 seat civil aircraft, ‘SARAS’ with the entire wing and empennage developed using composites
- RAW MATERIALS: Composites Consulting Group (Australia)
Fire retardant resin and gel-coat system that could be used in infusion processing of high speed fast interceptor craft meeting regulations
- BIOCOMPOSITES: University of Nottingham (United Kingdom & Malaysia)
The first sustainable natural fiber reinforced composite small wind turbine blade
- RECYCLING: Smithline Reinforced Composites (United Arab Emirates)
Use of FRP waste in concrete mixtures
- DESIGN: Gaius Automotive (Taiwan)
Carbon fiber isogrid-stiffened automotive suspension arm
- PROCESS: Lotte Chemical Corp. (Republic of Korea)
Development of a woven and long glass fiber reinforced rear bumper back beam, using press and injection molding process
- NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING: SURAGUS GmbH (Germany)
Non-destructive test carbon fiber products (dry fabrics and composites) without coupling media
- AUTOMOTIVE: Hyundai Motor Company (Republic of Korea)
A lightweight bumper beam developed with an innovative technology that incorporates skeletal reinforcements in the form of 3D-Tow into GMT (Glass Mat Thermoplastic) structures
- CIVIL ENGINEERING: Everlast Composites (India)
60 Ton load capacity composite manhole cover
- DEFENSE AND PROTECTION: VCAMMLIMITED (Australia)
The High Curvature Armour Systems
Special Japanese Innovation Awards
- URBAN SANITATION: Japan Global Center for Urban Sanitation; Japan sewageWorks Association
An Innovative sewage engineered with composites
- RENOVATION: Mitsubishi Plastics Infratec, Takenaka Corporation, Constec Engi, Sanko Techno, Bond
New method developed to reinforce columns and beams with carbon fiber sheets
- RAW MATERIALS: Nagase ChemteX Corporation
Newly developed thermoplastic epoxy resin and continuous fiber-reinforced composites
- ENERGY: AGC Matex Corporation
FRP Solar Panel Mounting Frames and Bases
Life Achievement Award
Tsuneaki Yanagida, The president of FRP Services & Co.
Yew Jia-Wei - Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (Malaysia)