The strong demand around composite materials and all the emerging new composite applications have led JEC Group to reaffirm its position and adapt the JEC Europe trade show to the Industry’s growth. For the first time, the upcoming JEC Europe Composites Show & Conferences will occupy three levels at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, Pavilion 7 from Tuesday, March 10 to Thursday, March 12, 2015.
Bigger than ever, the Show will present innovations from the 35 industrial segments, from raw material producers to end-user markets and will promote knowledge and networking worldwide. “JEC Group strategy is entirely focused on promoting Knowledge and activating quality networks. Thanks to our three other American and Asian platforms, we are able to mobilize a real international network, from all the regions” said Mrs. Frédérique Mutel, JEC Group President and CEO.
FOCUS : A rich JEC Innovation Awards edition to promote Composites breakthroughs
In addition to the Innovative Corner designed to promote the industry’s innovations, JEC Group also rewards very innovative players in composites. The JEC Innovation Awards jury has selected the best composite innovations, based on their technical interest, market potential, partnerships, financial & environmental impact and originality.
This year, 18 companies and their partners will receive an award during the ceremony. “For this edition, we have received more than 80 applications from 20 different countries. This confirms that JEC Innovation Awards has become a reference in many industrial sectors. Winning one of them establishes the expertise of the selected companies and projects on an international basis” adds Mrs. Frédérique Mutel.
The JEC Innovation Awards ceremony will highlight 18 innovators on stage and will take place on Tuesday March 10 at 05:00 pm on the JEC Europe Show & Conferences (Paris Expo Porte de Versailles (France) Hall 7.3, at the Agora).
All exhibitors and visitors are welcome to attend the ceremony.
The JEC Innovation Awards Program is sponsored by CYTEC and supported by JEC Composites Magazine and Aviation Week.
18 champions of composites materials receiving a JEC Innovation Award
- REINFORCEMENTS - 3D-LightTrans (Austria)
3D-LightTrans manufacturing chain for high performance glass-thermoplastic textile reinforced composites
- RESINS - AkzoNobel Polymer Chemistry (Netherlands)
Novel water-insensitive curing systems for bio-fiber reinforced composites
- SEMI-PRODUCTS - Faurecia (France)
Long flax fibers thermoset reinforced sandwich for multi-position trunk load-floor or structural floor
- LABORATORY EQUIPMENT - PPE (France)
3D permeability bench
- PROCESS - BA Composites (Germany)
Machining centre for the production of carbon fiber parts
- HEAVY MACHINERY - National Aerospace Laboratory (Netherlands)
Hybrid composite solutions for heavy-duty construction equipment
- BUILDING - MVC Solutions in Plastics (Brazil)
Composite-based structural system for buildings
- CONSTRUCTION - Arup Deutschland (Germany) and GXN Innovation (Denmark)
CFRP Air Spring Base for buses
- TRANSPORTATION - MAN Truck & Bus (Germany) and Munich Composites (Germany)
CFRP air spring beams for omnibuses
- AUTOMOTIVE BODY-IN-WHITE - PSA Peugeot Citroën (France)
Design and manufacturing of a 100%-composite self-supporting front floor module
- AUTOMOTIVE SAFETY - Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Centre (Germany)
Front bumper crash beam produced by curved reactive thermoplastic pultrusion
- AERONAUTICS - Hexcel (France)
Conception, design and testing of a self-stiffened aircraft fuselage panel demonstrator
- UAV - Rapid Composites (USA)
Rugged Amphibious Tri-Copter/Quad-configurable UAV Drone
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS - DCNS (France)
Composite antenna embedded into a motorhome roof for television reception
- SUSTAINABILITY - EcoTechnilin (UK)
Bio-sourced, fast-curing, structural composite for aircraft applications
- SPORTS & LEISURE - Blackstone Tek (South Africa)
Generic carbon fiber motorcycle wheel
- JURY PRIZE - Hyundai Motor Company (Republic of Korea)
Carbon frame design for an automotive body
- JEC COMPOSITES MAGAZINE SPECIAL PRIZE - VX Aerospace (USA)
Innovative new aircraft
English Press Release
French Press Release
German Press Release
Italian Press Release
Spanish Press Release