JEC Asia 2012
JEC Asia 2012, an international exhibition riding on strong growth of the Asia Pacific MEA composites market
JEC Asia 2012 mirrors the burgeoning Asian composites market:
- In 2000, Asia accounted for 25% of the worldwide market.
- JEC Asia 2011 has reflected the dynamism of a market that could represent 51% of global composite production in 2015 and reaches US$ 27.4 billion or Euros 19.4 billion in 2016.
- The composite market in Asia is expected to maintain its leadership helped by the growing economies of China, India and significant growth in the Middle East, Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia, at around 9% per year.
- Singapore has attracted major investments in composites industry and will continue efforts to establish Singapore as Southeast Asia's financial and high-tech hub.
- JEC Asia 2011 closed its annual session on a vigorous demonstration of the outlook for the composites industry in Asia currently valued at S$ 30.9 billion (Singapore dollars), US$ 24.8 billion or Euros 17.5 billion.
- Composites materials are rapidly becoming a mainstream technology and material of choice within many industries, from aerospace to wind energy according to the report titled “Growth Opportunities in Global Composites Industry 2011-2016″
JEC Asia highlights the sectors of consumption:
- By 2015, Asia will represent a composite volume of 4.3 Mt
- Building & Construction will stay the main sector with 28% of the volume
- Electrical & Electronic will be the 2nd with 21%
- The 2nd ex-aequo will be Transportation with 21% too
- All together these three sectors will represent 70% of volume by Asia in 2015. Many applications have been shown during JEC Asia 2011.
Who are we?
JEC expands composite market by providing a global or local networking and information services.
JEC, which promotes the use of composite materials worldwide, informs and connects 250.000 composite Magazine, the JEC Composite weekly international e-letter, the JEC Composites Show in Paris (world and European leader), in Singapore and Boston, the www.jeccomposites.com website, JEC Composites Forums & Conferences, the Business meetings and the JEC Innovation Awards Program.
The only event in Asia that brings all global composite
Asian industry players together
- Major professional Composites Associations from Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.
- The scientific community, R&D centres, Grandes Ecoles, network & Universities which today are working in close collaboration with manufacturers: A* STAR - Agency for Science, Technology and Research (Singapore), Hanyang University (South Korea), NUS (National University of Singapore), EDB (Economic Development Board), BCA (Building & Construction Authority), etc.
|Singapore, an ideally central location in Asia|
|Singapore has been chosen for the JEC Asia for its exceptional location at the crossroad of the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Its ultra-safe environment (Political stability and no terrorism threats) and high-quality level of service, sophisticated infrastructures and affordable accommodations and transportation means make Singapore one of the best possible location for business events in the world. Singapore is an acknowledged aeronautical hub and financial platform, with many universities and headquarters of multinational companies.|