JEC Asia 2014
Date of event:
17 Nov 2014 - 10:00 - 19 Nov 2014 - 16:00
The global composite’s industry employed 550,000 professionals worldwide and generated 83 billion Euros worth of business in 2012.
Composites markets in Asia are driven by economic growth
- In 2000, Asia accounted for 25% of the global composite production
- By 2008, the percentage had risen to 42% and could reach 50% by 2015
- The composites market in Asia driven mainly by economic growth amounted to 24 billion euros in 2011
High-potential development of the composites industry in Asia-Pacific
- The Asian composites market represent 41% of this global industry in volume while only 36% in value. The share in value is likely to increase in the coming years
- The potential for improvement is very important to cater the needs of many Asian developing economies
- The present trend is a growing number of investments in all of the composites sectors across the board
Why choose Singapore?
A local and regional booming composites industry
In Singapore, the composites industry output is above 31K tons of semi-fi nished products and 32K tons of composites parts. Most of its composites related to raw materials are imported (glass fi ber, carbon fi ber, thermoset
resins etc.). Preeminent composites companies are present such as SGL, ATR, HEXCEL, ALTANA …
A case in point: Vestas, the wind energy world leader, has located its regional platform in Singapore.
Singapore and its region are at the heart of key composites application markets.
Singapore, an exceptional quality location
Singapore stands out for its central location in South-East Asia, its political safety and its open economy.
Always industry friendly, the City-State offers a host of high quality services and infrastructures to many industries such as aeronautics, chemicals or fi nancial operators.
In addition, Universities and private R&D Centers provide an ideal environment for international potential investors willing to develop key industries of the future such as composites.