- Augsburg is the hometown of key German Composite players: Carbon Composites, MT Aerospace, SGL, Premium Aerotech, Kuka
- Ausgburg is ideally located 45 mins from the Munich Airport
- Augsburg is located close by end users manufacturing plants: Airbus Helicopters, BMW, Daimler Benz, Audi, Porsche
- Several Research Institute are based in Augsburg: DLR, Frauhnofer, Institutfur Textiltechnik
- Strong local network of universities involved in Composites: TU Munchen, Augsburg University
We want to combine the regional with the international at the trade fair. In other words, the region of Augsburg welcomes the composites world. The event will be highly personal and emphasise the strengths of the region – from scientific foundations and applied research to industrial applications.
This is what makes the location unique.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaus Drechsler
Head of Institute for Carbon Composites, Technische Universität Munich