Asia's most practical, applications-focused lightweight vehicle conference: enabling OEMs to make informed decisions on lightweight strategy.
The Ford F150, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the BMW i3 and i8 Series - every year, the global automotive industry is pioneering new lightweight vehicles that were previously commercially unthinkable due to material and manufacturing technology cost restraints. Using ground breaking, multi-material joining and forming technology, commercially focused implementation strategies and cost effective high strength steel, aluminium, magnesium and composite supply channels, certain OEMs from the US, Europe and Asia are rapidly driving the industry forward into a fuel efficient, reduced-CO2 future.
Certain OEMs are moving mountains in regards to vehicle lightweighting. GALM Asia has been designed with one mission - to make sure these practical lessons are shared, transferred and applied across the industry to make sure every OEM in Asia can deliver low cost, CO2 emission-compliant vehicles on a global scale.
ASIA'S MOST PRACTICAL, APPLICATIONS-FOCUSED LIGHTWEIGHT CONFERENCE
The 2nd Annual Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Asia 2015, Shanghai, has been designed specifically:
- To help Asian OEMs practically determine which materials are functionally useable in lightweight fuel efficient vehicles
- To help Asian OEMs practically determine the cost impact of applying new materials in the vehicle
- To help Asian OEMs practically determine which new manufacturing techniques, processes, machinery and software are worth investing in
TO ENSURE EVERY PRESENTATION DELIVERS PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS, THE AGENDA HAS BEEN BROKEN DOWN INTO THE FOLLOWING KEY AREAS:
- WHICH MATERIAL : Determining which materials can be used where in the vehicle based on durability, safety and collision standards and weight reduction
Aluminium High Strength Steel
Composites Magnesium Alloys
- MATERIAL COST & AVAILABILITY: Determining which materials are useable in global scale vehicle design based on cost and availability in Asian countries
- WHICH JOINING TECHNIQUE FOR WHICH MATERIAL: Identifying the process costs and applicability of the latest joining innovations that have been proven to enable the cost effective application of each material in the production line: dissimilar materials focus.
Adhesive Bounding Friction Stir Welding
Resistance Spot Welding Self Piercing Rivets
- IMPLEMENTATION INTO THE FACILITY : Examining the joining methods and machinery needed for each material and how to integrate new technology into existing manufacturing facilities
The event will take place on 26-27 March 2015, in Shanghai, China.