c2i, based near Bratislava, Slovakia, provides design and production of advanced composites structures for the automotive, aerospace and Satcom industries. Their extensive in-house capabilities span from design/engineering, a large composites and metal tool-shop, composites manufacturing and painting (clear-coat and colour).
c2i is one of Europe’s fastest growing composites companies with turnover growth of 250% in the last two years. Their customers are most of Europe’s premium automotive OEMs and leading aerospace interiors suppliers. Their 5-year plan sees an ambitious turnover growth to 100m EUR, partially driven by growth in aerostructures as well as the high-volume, automated automotive structural market. They also aim to expand their manufacturing footprint to the US and Asia and setting up an R&D and engineering centre in South Germany. To enable the growth, they are setting-up a new 13,000m2 aerostructures facility by mid 2017 in addition to their existing 13,000 m2 facility.
They are seeking an experienced Technical Director with the following responsibility:
- Lead the new product development department including design, CAD, CAM, tooling and jig production, prototype production and process development. The department currently has some 30 staff with the aim to grow to double within 4 years.
- Lead the process development and industrial engineering department which develops production processes and work instructions and pursues the lean production system design incl. plant lay-out before product launch into series.
- Lead the series production manufacturing engineering department (main KPIs being scrap rate reduction and process improvements for norm time reduction)
- Lead the small R&D department which focusses on development of automated manufacturing processes with the aim of significant reduction of cost and cycle times
- Liaise closely with the program managers to ensure on-time completion of program development milestones to budget
- Strong focus on training and development of the complete development team adopting best practices and where adequate develop cross-functionally skilled staff
- Responsible for product costing as part of the price quotation process
- Foster the culture of can-do attitude and innovation thinking, in line with c2i’s philosophy of “committed 2 innovation”
- Full responsibility for the P&L of the development department
They are looking for someone fulfilling the following requirements:
- A high focus is given to the cultural fit of the candidate to the company, its high-growth ambition, intention of international expansion and aim for strong personal and technical development of the development team members
- Strong leadership, ability to create cultural change, a strong motivator, entrepreneurial and dynamic
- Strong international network within engineering and composites technology
- A good combination between a structured systems thinker and pragmatic composites practitioner
- Technical experience is considered important, but it should not harm the candidate from seeing the future that does not yet exist. They are looking for an innovative composites visionary who is motivated by developing technology which is not yet thought of
- Minimum 5 years of experience as composites design engineer within aerospace or automotive
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing engineering and prototype/series production in composites
- Several years in R&D, developing novel manufacturing technologies – expertise in automated composites production technologies a strong advantage
- Significant experience with direct customer exposure on technical side
- Experience with destructive and non-destructive testing within aerospace
- Command of English language required. German language of advantage
They can offer a competitive package incl. a performance based income.
Dunajska Streda near Bratislava, Slovakia.
Should you be interested, please send your applications by e-mail.
Contact: Daniela Daniel
Telephone: Mob.: +421 907 666 651