Founded in 1984 by a team of engineers from MICO-Bosch & National Aerospace Laboratories, ICP (India) Pvt. Ltd. is a composite pioneer in India.
Located in an industrial park in the outskirts of Bangalore, the 2,800-sq.m. manufacturing facility puts out a range of composite products based on glass, aramid and carbon fibre for a wide array of industrial and commercial applications for industries such as aerospace, construction, chemical, electrical, electronics and transportation. Headed by its founder and a strong team of composite specialists, the company has set a scorching pace of 45% growth over the last 5 years, making several inroads into the aerospace and structural cladding fields. ICP’s present strategy in terms of growth can be summed up in these few words: “Our mission is to provide you with a one-stop composite solution”.
A wide range of applications
ICP (India) Pvt Ltd started out in 1984 selling glass fibre reinforced plastic tanks, process vessels & glass epoxy laminates. Today, ICP has established itself in the field of pultrusion, filament winding, LRTM, compression molding in polyester and epoxy, catering to an ever growing demand in the Indian electrical, electronics, chemical and general industry. Among other standard pultruded sections such as channels, angles, rods, dog bones, & tubes, ICP has established itself as a major supplier of glass epoxy rods for lightning arrestors, glass epoxy threaded rods for bus bar supports & panel boards in the Indian market. Other than this special pultruded sections such as slot seals for electric motors, and radome covers for housing wireless telecom equipment is being manufactured currently. Today, ICP is an experienced manufacturer, that offers a wide range of composite solutions, including chemical tanks, gratings, walkways, cable trays, molded machine covers, filament wound tubes, automotive body panels, batter containers, panels for mass transit coaches, etc.
Outstanding production plant
To meet the various international quality standards and the ever-increasing demands of its customers, ICP has installed the latest machinery, ensuring faster production at cost-effective prices. The production unit is equipped as follows:
- hydraulic laminating press with 1-by-1.5-m bed for compression moulding of FRP products and laminates;
- filament winding machines for glassreinforced epoxy and polyester filament-wound tubes up to 1.5 m in diameter and 3 m long;
- pultrusion machine for FRP profiles up to 200 x 500 mm;
- SMC moulding machine (500 x 500 mm, 5 tons);
- Light RTM for hollow components up to 100 litres in volume;
- spray-up system (3-chamber dispensing system);
- machine shop and fabrication shop.
- CNC router (1.5 x 3.5 m);
- thermoforming machine for components up to 1.2 x 2.4 m;
- 3-roll bending machine (4-m lengths);
- vinyl cutting plotter 1.2-m wide for hollow components up to 100 litres in volume;
- pug cutting machine and CO2 welding machine.
ICP is established in growth markets that are well adapted to the Indian market, which now absorbs almost all of its production. The company currently exports very little, which leaves them additional flexibility for continued development.