In the elaboration of composite materials, it may sometimes be necessary, for processes like RTM (Resin Transfer Molding), to have two different pressure levels:
- one “vacuum” level, fixed, as low as possible for closing of the mold
- one adjustable “vacuum” level for the resin injection operation
This problem can be solved by using the RTM central vacuum system from Oerlikon Leybold Vacuum. This latter is made of:
- one single stage oil-sealed rotary vane pump SOGEVAC SV65B having a nominal speed of 59 m3/hour at 50 Hz
- two isolated and stacked parallelepiped vacuum vessels (one “end pressure” vessel equipped with an anti-suck back valve and one “regulated pressure” vessel equipped with an electromagnetic valve).
- one electrical cabinet controlling the vacuum pump and ensuring pressure regulation between two set thresholds for the resin injection.
Each vessel is equipped with six “vacuum” connections with ball valves. The vacuum pump is protected with active charcoal filter and paper filter mounted in serial. The whole assembly can be fixed or caters mounted.
More information: www.oerlikon.com