JEC Group is a non-profit organization entirely dedicated to promoting composite materials and fostering their applications globally. Publisher of the JEC Composites Magazine, the industry’s reference magazine, JEC organizes several events around the world, including JEC World, the leading international exhibition dedicated to composites and their applications, which takes place annually in Paris. JEC media, events and digital channels connect a global community of professionals from the composites industry and from their multiple application sectors, to enable knowledge transfer, create networking opportunities, and highlight innovation.
JEC: Connecting the World with Composites
As part of its development, JEC Group is recruiting a:
As Editor-in-Chief of JEC Composites Magazine, the jeccomposites.com website and associated products you will be responsible for managing and developing JEC Group’s editorial products, print and digital. You will be an experienced editor and journalist, fluent in English, with a track record for developing engaging and authoritative content optimised for various audiences.
- Develop and implement the editorial strategy and style of JEC Composites Magazine, the website, weekly newsletter, podcasts and webinars, and new print/digital products.
- Define the annual editorial calendar in line with editorial strategy and market needs.
- Commission, research, write and edit articles for the magazine and online channels.
- Ensure the quality, readability and accuracy of all editorial content across all platforms.
- Assist in defining the annual editorial budget and production schedule, and ensure budgets and schedules are met.
- Recruit, manage and mentor the editorial team.
- Assist in developing and implementing a digital publishing strategy.
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams and external contributors and partners. Collaborate with internal teams to identify opportunities for advertising, promotional plan and sponsorship, with the goal of increasing audiences and revenue.
Experience and skills required
- 5+ years’ experience in an Editor or Editor-in-Chief role, or a highly experienced Deputy Editor ready to make the step up.
- Degree in a relevant scientific discipline, journalism or communications, or a relevant industry background.
- A high standard of written and verbal English and French.
- Understanding of B2B publishing and digital publishing trends.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of working effectively with a network of international team members, contributors and partners.
- Strong commercial acumen. Computing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Advantageous but not essential
- Language skills (French and English, German a plus).
- Knowledge of the composite materials industry and/or related sectors.
Terms and conditions
- Salary (fixed + variable) according to experience and profile
- 9 month fixed-term contract, then permanent contract
- Position based in Paris, near RER and Metro Porte Maillot
- Two days of home office possible for people with permanent contracts
- Profit-sharing plan based on the company’s results
- Restaurant vouchers
- Laptop with VOIP telephony
- Start as soon as possible
- If you wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. If your profile matches, you will be contacted to arrange an interview.
JEC Group is committed to a policy of equal opportunity, from recruitment to the career development of its employees. Job offers are open to all, including of course people with disabilities.