JEC Group is recruiting
Entirely and exclusively dedicated to the composite materials sector, JEC Group is the world’s leading company in terms of information, event organization and promotion of innovation in the field of composites.
As part of our development, we are recruiting an:
Editor-in-Chief / Head of Editorial Content
As Editor-in-Chief / Head of Editorial Content of JEC Composites Magazine, the jeccomposites.com website and associated products you will be responsible for managing and developing JEC Group’s editorial products, print and digital. You will be an experienced editor and journalist, fluent in English, with a track record for developing engaging and authoritative content optimised for various audiences.
- Develop and implement the editorial strategy and style of JEC Composites Magazine, the website, weekly newsletter, podcasts and webinars, and new print/digital products.
- Define the annual editorial calendar in line with editorial strategy and market needs.
- Commission, research, write and edit articles for the magazine and online channels.
- Ensure the quality, readability and accuracy of all editorial content across all platforms.
- Represent JEC Composites Magazine at international industry events (exhibitions, conferences, company visits, etc.)
- Act as presenter/moderator of podcasts, webinars etc., as required.
- Assist in defining the annual editorial budget and production schedule, and ensure budgets and schedules are met.
- Recruit, manage and mentor the editorial team.
- Assist in developing and implementing a digital publishing strategy.
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams and external contributors and partners.
- Contribute to the definition and analysis of performance indicators for print and digital media.
- Collaborate with the commercial team to identify opportunities for advertising and sponsorship.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to establish promotional plans and social media strategy for the magazine, with the goal of increasing audiences and revenue.
- Build a social media presence as the Editor-in-Chief / Head of Editorial Content of JEC Composites Magazine.
Skills and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an Editor or Editor-in-Chief role, or a highly experienced Deputy Editor ready to make the step up.
- Degree in a relevant scientific discipline, journalism or communications, or a relevant industry background.
- A high standard of written and verbal English and French.
- Excellent editorial skills and ability to explain complex concepts in everyday language.
- Understanding of B2B publishing and digital publishing trends.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of working effectively with a network of international team members, contributors and partners.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Social media savvy.
- Computing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Advantageous but not essential
- Language skills (German, Italian, Chinese, especially useful).
- Experience of planning and hosting podcasts, webinars and video content.
- Knowledge of the composite materials industry and/or related sectors.
If you wish to apply, please send us your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. If your profile matches, you will be contacted to arrange an interview.
JEC Group is committed to providing equal opportunities, from recruitment to the career development of its employees. Job offers are open to all, including people with disabilities.