JEC Group is a non-profit organization entirely dedicated to promoting composite materials and fostering their applications globally. Publisher of the JEC Composites Magazine, the industry’s reference magazine, JEC organizes several events around the world, including JEC World, the leading international exhibition dedicated to composites and their applications, which takes place annually in Paris. JEC media, events and digital channels connect a global community of professionals from the composites industry and from their multiple application sectors, to enable knowledge transfer, create networking opportunities, and highlight innovation.
JEC: Connecting the World with Composites
As part of its development, JEC Group is recruiting a:
Head of Content
The Head of Content will work closely with internal teams to ensure the generation of high-quality editorial content across all products and platforms and champion the transition to a digital first approach. Among your responsibilities you will be the Editor-in-Chief of JEC Composites Magazine to define and implement the editorial strategy and develop best practises for optimising and sharing content across multiple channels to enhance audience engagement and growth.
- Manage the editorial team, review editorial roles, responsibilities and resources, and editorial and production workflows and tools, with a view to ensuring consistently high-quality content across all platforms.
- Review how magazine content is currently used across platforms and identify ways in which it could be further exploited to drive web traffic, circulation and revenue growth.
- In conjunction with the editorial team, monitor the content direction and strategy of competitive and industry-related titles and recommend appropriate actions.
- Advise and feed into product development plans and the content planning calendars for the editorial products and channels (print & digital magazine, e-newsletter, podcasts, webinars and video content, events, reports and books, and other print and digital products). Ensure that content plans and content development are in line with market requirements, information needs of readers, and JEC Group’s goals and objectives.
- Monitor developments in digital publishing, social media etc., and input recommendations into product development plans.
- Commission, write and edit content for the various channels, as required.
- Ensure all content is consistent in terms of style and quality and optimised for different channels.
- In collaboration with the JEC Group Technical Expert, identify topics for new publications and project manage their development and production.
- In collaboration with marketing and editorial teams, identify, monitor and improve content performance indicators, including metrics such as online traffic growth, circulation and other audience development.
- Where required, commission and manage research and feedback from the market to further refine and improve content, products and performance metrics, and ensure products are meeting market needs. Coach and train colleagues in the implementation of new publishing technologies and processes.
Experience and skills required
- Degree in science, technology, journalism, business or a related discipline, or relevant industry experience.
- 6+ years relevant experience in a B2B or STM publishing environment.
- Proven editorial and journalism skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships with internal teams and external partners and contributors. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Advantageous but not essential
- Language skills (French, German as a plus).
- Knowledge of composite materials or related markets.
- Podcast, webinar, video, event development skills. Experience of web analytics tools and CMS systems.
Terms and conditions
- Salary (fixed + variable) according to experience and profile
- 6 month fixed-term contract, then permanent contract
- Position based in Paris, near RER and Metro Porte Maillot
- Two days of home office possible for people with permanent contracts
- Profit-sharing plan based on the company’s results
- Restaurant vouchers
- Laptop with VOIP telephony
- Start as soon as possible
- If you wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. If your profile matches, you will be contacted to arrange an interview.
JEC Group is committed to a policy of equal opportunity, from recruitment to the career development of its employees. Job offers are open to all, including of course people with disabilities.