JEC is a media, event and innovation promotion company dedicated to fostering the development of composite materials. Publisher of the JEC Composites Magazine, the industry’s reference magazine, JEC organizes several events around the world, including JEC World, the leading international exhibition dedicated to composites and their applications, which takes place annually in Paris. JEC media, events and digital channels connect a global community of professionals from the composites industry and from their multiple application sectors, to enable knowledge transfer, create networking opportunities, and highlight innovation.
JEC: Connecting the World with Composites
As part of its development, JEC is recruiting a:
Technical Expert / Markets & Technologies Content Manager
The Markets & Technologies Content Manager will act as one the JEC’s reference experts about technical and business topics on composite materials, their applications, and the trends shaping the future of the industry. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your knowledge of composites and your proven communication skills to support the promotion of composite materials worldwide through the media channels, the events and the programs produced by JEC. If you are willing to share your knowledge and enthusiasm for composite materials, to identify the latest technologies and market developments, meet and exchange, this position is for you!
- Assist in developing and contributing JEC media and events content as a trusted source of up-to-date, accurate and informative business and technology information for the composites industry.
- Maintain a permanent ‘market watch’ to identify trends within the composites industry, share insights and collaborate with the JEC sales and marketing teams to develop new opportunities for JEC media and events.
- Attend composites industry International conferences and events mainly to scout innovation and content. Visit companies, research centers and universities when relevant.
- Coordinate a scientific and technical group of experts who will work on various topics, including the annual famous JEC Composites Innovation Awards and the JEC Observer.
- Build and manage relationships with a global network of external contributors, universities, and partners.
- Work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and the editors of the JEC Composites Magazine to identify topics and contributors for editorial content. Act as the technical fact checker for the magazine and other JEC print and online content.
- Write regular articles for JEC Composites Magazine and contribute content to special issues of the magazine and to other JEC publications, print and online.
- As a composites industry expert, act as a key JEC spokesperson at industry events, and at JEC events. Host/moderate JEC panels, podcasts, webinars etc., as required.
- Contribute to the training of JEC employees, particularly new recruits.
Experience and skills required
- Language skills French & English as a must. German as a plus.
- Degree/PhD in a relevant scientific discipline and/or relevant composites industry experience.
- Ability to tailor communications to suit different audiences and explain complex scientific and technical concepts in everyday language.
- Experience of writing.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of building effective working relationships with a network of international team members, contributors and partners.
- Good computing skills, as the main IT tools to be used are Microsoft Office & Sales Force softwares.
- Willingness to travel at international level monthly (average).
Terms and conditions
- Salary (fixed + variable) according to experience and profile
- Long term contract under French law
- Position based in Paris, near RER and Metro Porte Maillot (Line 1)
- Up to two days of home office per week possible
- Profit-sharing plan based on the company’s results
- Restaurant vouchers
- Laptop with VOIP telephony
- Start as soon as possible
- If you wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. If your profile matches, you will be contacted to arrange an interview.
JEC Group is committed to a policy of equal opportunity, from recruitment to the career development of its employees. Job offers are open to all, including of course people with disabilities.