Read the latest composite materials industry news.Read the news Submit a Press Release Read JEC Group latest Press releases
Discover the next conferences, tradeshows and industry events.Access the calendar Submit an Event
JEC Composites Magazine
Discover JEC Composites Magazine, the world’s leading composites magazine.Read the magazine Submit an Article
The monthly JEC rendez-vous on the latest news in the Composites world and their applications. Ten-minute video broadcasts, hosted by Frédéric Reux, that include four segments: Sports and composites, The history of composites, Startup news and Composites professionals, with a ‘Star’ guest, usually a CEO of a composites company.View our podcasts
The newsletters offer a complete weekly coverage of composites news in every sector of the composites industry.
JEC Composites Market News:
- Compilation of latest international news and trends
- Delivered to your inbox each Wednesday, by 6pm 23,190* readers/e-letter (BPA certified)
- A dedicated feature each month
- 4 issues per month
- Up-to-date agenda
- Edit in US English
JEC Composites Informations:
- Compilation of latest international news and Francophone market
- Delivered to your inbox on alternate Thursdays, by 6pm 8,760* readers/e-letter (BPA certified)
- 2 issues per month
- Up-to-date agenda
- Edit in French
They contribute to the JEC Composites Eletters, and you?
* JEC Composites Market News: 23,190 subscribers, JEC Composites Informations: 8,760 subscribers BPA June statement 2019Read the E-Letter Subscribe for free Advertise in the E-Letter Submit a Press Release
JEC Composites Technical Conference programs offer presentations from the leaders of the industry, covering current challenges and trends in a wide variety of subjects.
Consisting of sessions delving into cutting-edge topics, with an end-user focus, the Technical conferences allow industrials and academics to showcase their know-how and talk about the latest technological innovations to a highly qualified international audience.
Speakers are provided a unique opportunity to come in contact with leaders from the whole composites value chain, and experts from all the major industries: Automotive, Aeronautics, Construction, Transportation, Marine, Oil & Gas, etc.
Each session features up to 5-6 presentations, interspersed with networking opportunities during which audience and speakers can interact freely and make key contacts. JEC technical conference programs aim to educate and provide the latest information, trends and experience feedbacks.
Participants have the possibility to improve their knowledge and seize the consequent networking opportunities to further their business. These programs are made in conjunction with JEC events: JEC World, JEC Korea, JEC Forum Chicago, and JEC Forum Bangkok events.
Meet and share with companies which attend JEC Events:
Your contacts:Check our next JEC Events
JEC Composites Webinars is a series of on-demand digital conferences of 30 to 60 minutes developed by JEC Group with partners. Each session presents innovative and cost-effective solutions for the Composites Industry, through tangible business case studies and insightful presentations. The sessions will provide complete analysis of many experts and leaders of the Composites Industry in the form of webinars, covering topics including materials, equipment, processes and technologies important to success in today’s composites business. The webinars can also address dedicated applicative markets and provide the participants with the latest trends and innovations, new materials and new ways of manufacturing these materials.
JEC Group is proud to announce the next JEC Composites Webinars with
On May 28, 2021 @ 10:00 am (CEST)
About: The Production of Composite Parts Becomes Even More Competitive
Are you looking to be even more competitive in your production of composite parts thanks to 3D Printing and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining of equipment?
This webinar will introduce CMS Large Format Additive Manufacturing (LFAM) solution, CMS Kreator, a new hybrid system for high-speed 3D printing and machining of thermoplastic composite parts.
CMS is a world-leading company specialized in the production of numerically controlled multi-axis machining centers, thermoforming machines and waterjet cutting systems.
In this webinar, you will learn more on:
- How Composites is a young and fast developing industry
- How CMS Kreator can help you be more competitive by using less materials and fasten your production speed
- The advantages and challenges of CMS Kreator
On May 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am (CEST)
About: Transformation of Performance Composites into Mass Production
Learn new ways to produce thermoplastic composite components!
This webinar will introduce Progano®, a Lightweight Composite highly developed through the combination of continuous glass fibers and polypropylene.
This innovative material is used by automotive and other component manufacturers to increase strength, decrease weight and reduce production costs.
Discover how Progano’s Lightweight Composite is:
- Lighter: Progano components weigh up to 30% less and can be created using less material
- Stronger: Progano is at least 50% stronger than aluminium alloys of similar proportion
- Faster: Reduced manufacturing cycle times and cost through direct integration of functional elements into the single shot fabrication process
- Sustainable: Progano is completely recyclable for environmental sustainability and proven to be reusable in high level materials
In this webinar you will get insights about this new composite, the industrial scale production and examples of its applications:
- High efficiency composite
- Cost effectiveness
- Technology advantage in the industrial UD-tape and Progano-sheet production
- Quality control: Inline inspection and glass fiber roving lab
- Modular capacity extension from 2.000 to 16.000 tons
On April 22, 2021 @ 3:00 pm (CEST)
About: Automotive composites made possible with Huntsman’s polyurethane and epoxy innovations
Are you looking for ways to optimize the production of complex composite parts for your automotive applications? Are weight, safety and performance important to your composite part production?
We invite you to hear from Huntsman’s Automotive and Composite experts who will share how their latest polyurethane and epoxy resins help meet the technical challenges faced by car manufacturers in the following specific automotive applications:
- Battery housing – How to achieve up to a 40% saving in weight with designs that meet major safety, mechanical and thermal requirements
- Interior structure – How to extend design possibilities, boost productivity, reduce weight and retain mechanical integrity with composite spray molding
- Pressure vessels – How to realize highly demanding hydrogen tank designs with optimized resin systems supported by custom simulations for faster, cost effective mass production
Huntsman Corporation is a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals that you use every day. With over 60 years’ experience developing composite resin technologies, Huntsman experts collaborate with automotive players to design products that enable lighter, more-fuel efficient vehicles while maintaining the high quality standards of passenger safety and comfort.Watch the replay
On March 30, 2021 @ 10:00 am (CEST)
About: Polymer and Ceramic Matrix Composite for Innovative Applications
Nowadays, resistance to high temperatures, excellent thermal isolation and low-smoke emissions are the most demanded properties for flame retardant Polymer-Matrix Composites (PMCs). The webinar will introduce you Nano-Tech and Petroceramics, the proprietors of C-Preg® 400, a cutting edge, easy-to-use, non-toxic prepreg combining both very good thermal stability (up to 400°C) and excellent flame retardant properties. Nano-Tech is a young company aiming at developing, producing and commercializing innovative nano-based materials (prepregs, epoxy resins, thermoplastics). Petroceramic is a dynamic company with a key position in the development of advanced materials (including ceramic matrix composites) and technological solutions for different sectors, especially automotive, aerospace and defence. A quick overview of applications and solutions will be presented, with a special focus on C-Preg® 400. In this webinar, you will learn more on:
- How C-Preg® 400 is a great alternative to Cyanate ester (CE), Bismaleimide (BMI) and Polyimide
- How to work with C-Preg® 400
- What the Applications and Possibilities are
On December 1, 2020 @ 4:30 pm (Paris time)
About: The Secret to Lowering Production Cost in Composite Molding
JEC Group & Elkem Silicones will host an exclusive webinar dedicated to composite molders on how to lower their production costs by improving process efficiency using silicones reusable vacuum bags. The presentation will introduce you to the process of infusion molding with silicone RVBs, its main advantages compared to traditional composite molding methods, as well as giving you some customer data highlighting its impact on the overall process efficiency & cumulative serial production costs. In this webinar, you will learn with Lisbeth LANGSAGER, Global Market Manager for Advanced Molding & Printing and Mario PEREIRA MALDONADO, R&D Analyst for Advanced Molding & Printing @Elkem Silicones how to:
- Standardize your molding processes
- Increase your overall productivity
- Reduce the required man hour for your molding operations
- Switch from classical infusion molding to reusable vacuum bag
- Set your team up for success with the right material, equipment and know how
On November 19, 2020 @ 4:30 pm (Paris time)
About: Composite Structural Parts into Mass Production for Automotive Applications
Based on a Lightweight Crashbox and Bumper Beam case study, this webinar will cover 3 topics around Valeo “Organosheet” composite material:
- PROCESS: How Valeo succeeded in developing composite structural parts for mass production.
- PROPERTIES: How the material’s properties fit energy absorption requested for crash, despite more and more stringent specifications, while offering significant weight reduction.
- METHODOLOGY: An overview of Valeo composite & crash simulation methodologies whose reliability and predictability accelerate time-to-market of our applications.
Valeo composite experts, Sergio Da Costa Pito and Ali Kezmane will be then available for a Q&A session.Watch the replay
On October 6, 2020 @ 4:00 pm (Paris time)
About: Thermoplastic Honeycomb Sandwich Panel Technology – Meeting the Cost-Efficiency and Sustainability Targets
Watch the replay
Managing Director @ ThermHex Waben GmbH “ThermHex and EconCore organized their first webinar on October 6th, 2020. As many trade fairs are cancelled due to the Corona pandemic, we too have to find new ways of making contact. The webinar was a complete success! We would like to take this opportunity to thank the JEC Group and all employees involved for organising the event. A big thank you also goes to all participants who brought the webinar to life with their questions. The content and the interaction of the speakers made it an entertaining event. Now we are very much looking forward to the following discussions with you.”
On September 15, 2020 @ 4:30 pm (CEST)
About: How ICME enables digital transformation in composite manufacturing
A free opportunity to discover new solutions, potential providers! These webinars are free, to participate, just register and save your webinar to your calendar.
A unique opportunity to get access to new leads! JEC Composites Webinars provide companies an effective and interactive online conference discussing Materials & processes for Composites manufacturing Showcase your company’s latest developments & innovations and get access to new leads!Contact us Discover the package